Disables or adjusts the sensitivity of the VP8/VP9 Codec packet loss 'fix' for OBS
adjust the sensitivity of the packet loss 'fix' for OBS
(no value given)
defaults to 15
Turns it off
- There is a bug in OBS where the VP8 codec (default in most cases) does not handle packet loss events. This function attempts fixes its.
- You can disable this 'fix' by passing it the value
- When on, it will trigger a key frame request to combat pixel smearing caused by packet loss and poor network conditions.
- Triggers around every 3-seconds if needed; may not activate often with very light packet loss.
- May lower video quality, or may not be desirable, so this flag lets you disable it.
- Stream pushers can open the debug/stats menu and manually send key frames also.
- VP9 is far less prone to packet loss issues, but it can still happen with heavy packet loss.
- Increasing the integer value passed to
&obsfixwill reduce the frequency and sensitivity of the key frame request.