Updates - Raspberry.Ninja
- Updated Raspberry.Ninja with Error Correction + Dynamic Bitrate support. This essentially makes the video stability substantially better, and it's even a bit adaptive now to changes in available bandwidth.
--nored => Disable error correction. If you don't disable it,
the bandwidth may be up to 2x higher than the target video bitrate.
I do not recommend removing, unless you're on a pristine connection.
--noqos => "qos" will lower the bitrate of the video encoder if packet loss
is detected. It won't lower it more than 5x (20% of target),
but I find this works well to combat times where the network bandwidth is
insufficient. Error correction just doesn't work if it can't actually send
enough data. Using --noqos disables this feature
I lowered the default bitrate to 2500, which will be 5000-kbps with error
correction on. On a typical spotty WIFI connection, it might drop to 2000-kbps
(4-mbps total bandwidth).
I do NOT dynamically change the resolution, and 1500-kbps is about as low as
1080p will allow. So, if on weak cellular or wifi, you might want to use 720p
as the resolution. This should allow for a lower bitrate floor, allowing for
use in bad environments.
- https://raspberry.ninja/ To update, just go into the raspberry_ninja folder on your device, and do
git pull. I've yet to do full testing on a PI with it, but it's been working great on a Jetson board so far.
- Created a new uSD image for the Nvidia Jetson and the Raspberry_Ninja project; might help with audio issues. Might also work with newer Jetson boards. Compatible with uSD cards of size 16-GB and greater now.
- Added the ability to save the outbound video stream to disk when using raspberry_ninja. Just add
--saveas a CLI option and it will start saving the video + audio to disk. Viewers can connect as needed without disturbing the recording.
- improved the rotate function recently added to raspberry_ninja; now does a native rotation when using the official raspberry pi camera
- Faster reconnecting when not using
--multivieweron the raspberry_ninja; hangs up the old connection immediately when it intentionally disconnects (such as a browser refresh)
- Added the ability to rotate the camera (via command line ) on the Raspberry_Ninja. Portrait mode or flipped video can be supported as a result.
- Added basic room support to raspberry_ninja. Use:
--room ROOMNAME --multiviewer
- Fixed a couple glitches with the raspberry_ninja project when self hosting with multiple cameras and related fixes/improvements (like not needing to refresh the viewer page to trigger it to play). Updates on GitHub
- Added the ability to customize the audio bitrate with raspberry_ninja
- The raspberry_ninja project had a major update; new RPI image (v3), which enables USB video to now hardware encode properly at 1080p30. Also, HDMI to CSI adapter support added (audio support still needs some work tho). This project lets you stream HD video at sub-second latency to VDO.Ninja using a raspberry pi or Jetson from the command line and headless.