Comment on page
Updates - Social Stream Standalone App
- Fixing an issue with Mac and I think improving YouTube chat auto open support some more.
- Please report bugs with it, however please also note it's still not fully cooked and is just for testing/previewing.
- YouTube chat discovery for UK/EU users I hope works better now
- The TikTok websocket option should work now; at least in read-only mode.
- Sites like peertube, that use self-hosted domains, are supported now.
- Chat responses will now work with more than just the first site opened.
- It's still a preview test version; bugs and broken features are to be expected.
v0.1.4 It's still very much in "just a preview test" mode, though I've trying to work thru all the issues. Please bare with me if you have issues with it.
- Fixed a bug that broke 0.1.3
- The auto-YouTube Chat activation option will only work if the video is LIVE and PUBLIC. If unlisted, you may need to enable YouTube cat pop-out manually.
- I've had some users report the ZIP is detected as a virus. I'm pretty sure it's a false positive as VirusTotal does not detect anything. Still, feel free to use the extension version instead, as that contains no executables. https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/5a72f615d4cb3f2ae5b69be3bc544215cd19c4dc9ba6a987015e96a493570555/details
I'm putting out a "still-in-development preview" version of the Social Stream Standalone App
- I've been poking at this project for the past year, and due to frequent requests for it I'm making it available as a preview-build.
- I'd say 90% of the features available in the extension work in this standalone version, with the interface about 50% done.
- Available as an installer for Windows x64 only at this point, but a Mac build is probably not far off.