Comment on page
Enable Camera / Microphone permissions
Permission denied when trying to access the camera or microphone
Once camera / microphone permission have been denied, often accidentally, the browser won't let VDO.Ninja ask for it again. You'll need to manually change the permission to fix it, or use a different browser. How to change the permission depends on the browser and operation system.
- 1.On your Android device, open the Chrome app
- 2.To the right of the address bar, tap More -> Settings
- 3.Tap Site Settings
- 4.Tap Microphone or Camera
- 5.Tap to turn the microphone or camera on or off; If you see the site you want to use under Blocked, tap the site -> Access your microphone -> Allow
If you're using a Chrome device at work or school, your network administrator can set camera and microphone settings for you. In that case, you can't change them here. Learn about using a managed Chrome device.
- 1.Open Chrome
- 2.At the top right, click More -> Settings
- 3.Click Privacy and security -> Site settings -> Camera or Microphone
- 4.Select the option you want as your default setting - Review your blocked and allowed sites - To remove an existing exception or permission: To the right of the site, click Delete - To allow a site that you already blocked: Under "Not allowed," select the site's name and change the camera or microphone permission to "Allow."
If you still have issues, try a different browser; perhaps Firefox.
In Firefox Mobile, you can try going to Settings -> Site permissions -> exceptions (at bottom) -> VDO.Ninja, and then manually set the permissions for the camera and microphone to enabled.
If Firefox Mobile still gives you issues afterwards, try in incognito mode, try a different browser, or fully restart the device.
You can try following the same steps needed for Chrome above, however if that fails, ensure VDO.Ninja is not being loaded via an IFrame.
If the issue persists, fully close Safari and try again. Sometimes updating your version of iOS and restarting can help solve issues with camera permissions as well.
In either mode, you might be able to bypass the initial camera selection page, or start the system with the default camera settings.
If you are able to start the session in this mode, you can go to the VDO.Ninja gear icon (settings), click on User settings, and then clear the local storage. You can then retry, refreshing the page, and try to connect again.