Updates - Meshcast.io
- Pushed a needed update to the Meshcast servers; should help solve the "Meshcast not available" problem that was happening every couple months.
- Added 3 new Meshcast servers: Toronto, Oregon, Virginia.
- Support for iPhone/iPads now
- Added screen sharing support; just select it from the list. If using Chrome/Edge/Brave, you can select desktop or tab audio along with the screen-share. Resolution is left up to the browser to decide.
- Someone asked about me making a video talking about Meshcast to help them understand if they could use it; it's up now at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxduINMXw1M It's a bit technical and long-winded, but it covers most of everything.
- Meshcast.io supports audio and video-only publishing modes now; just select "no video" for example from the drop down. Also shows audio-bitrate stats now.
- Added an audio-loudness meter.
- Updated to let you select a video codec; rather than the default software h264. mind you, other codecs may have compatibility issues.
&noaudioto meshcast.io, which can be used in place of
&mutewhen sharing a Meshcast broadcast link into a VDO.Ninja room. Blocks audio from playing, which can help avoid feedback/echo issues.
- Added logic to Meshcast.io that auto-switches away from slow/dead servers, despite perhaps being the closest edge node.
- Updated a bit, including adding some new servers and replacing some others. Applies to the
&meshcastflag as well.
- There's a drop down to select different regions; it automatically tries to select the closest though.
- Info on whether a region is overloaded or not is present; should always read "good", but who knows.Things are more responsive with the updated code, but its new code -- let me know if any bugs occur.
https://meshcast.io/view.html?id=xxxxx&mutedif using Meshcast, you can share the view link into VDO.Ninja or elsewhere, and have the audio be muted by default using the
- Using this flag, you can have two versions of a Meshcast output -- one suitable for a group-room, where you don't want audio or feedback issues with your guests, but another for mass consumption by an audience, which includes audio.
- Meshcast.io should work with firefox and safari viewers now, if that was an issue for anyone before.
- Added mute support to meshcast.io; so if you mute in VDO.Ninja, it will also mute in Meshcast now.
- EU and US Meshcast server allows for higher bitrates, if you decrease the max audience size.
- Updated Meshcast.io with a European deployment (US + EU now). It will auto-select the closest location, so no need to pick location. Definitely still all experimental, but feedback welcomed; https://meshcast.io/
- For those with weak CPU's, but want to use VDO.Ninja with a larger group, I have a prototype of a tool to make that possible now done. It's NOT ready for production, as it is still buggy and I am resetting the service constantly as I develop it out, but it should eventually allow you to make rooms of over 10 people accessible even on slow OBS computers. https://meshcast.io/