Comment on page
Focus on ease of use and high-bitrate / e-sports streams
- It contains a larger and dedicated graph per scene/view link than what the vdo.ninja/beta/'s director room has under scene-stats. Both color code to indicate packet loss, where red is bad, and green is good.
- It is setup to use a group room by default, with a very simple interface to login and get started without visiting vdo.ninja itself.
- Despite having a group room by default, it works with standalone push/view links as well, via the "Add a stream manually" button, which lets you include normal view links that exist outside rooms.
- All the scene links and invite links are preconfigured for E-Sports , where video is set to pull around 20-mbps for smooth 1080p60 game play. The idea is, if you choose to use this page for creating links, it's all already setup to be used for ingestion.
- The room is configured so that guests cannot see or talk to each other. All guests can do is text-chat with the versus host.
- Versus.cam is compatible with a director and the director room, so you can use a director room AND the Versus.cam room at the same time, without conflict.
- A new feature that Versus.cam has, that will also soon be coming to the normal VDO.Ninja directors' room, is the ability to dynamically change the resolution and bitrate of remote scenes. This works by means of the
&remotecontrol feature, which is preconfigured in the links already, so no director is needed when using versus. This will then also work with non-room links, so long as
&remoteis included in their URL.
- I don't intend to add many advanced features to this site.
- It's designed to be very simple, elegant, and hyper focused on a single use case and user type.
- E-Sports and one-way ingestion of very high quality video. I'll likely be making more scenario-specific interfaces in the future like this, to make VDO.Ninja easier and less cluttered for common use cases.
- Versus.cam is built using the VDO.Ninja IFRAME API, which I hope demonstrates the flexibility of it.
- Versus.cam is only supported by Chrome/Chromium-based browsers; it isn't yet compatible with Firefox/Safari (they lack the features needed for it to operate).