Mobile phone camera into webcam
This set of instructions will work for Windows, Mac1 and Linux2.
- 2.Add your VDO.Ninja ‘view’ link as a Browser Source in OBS in a Scene.
- 1.Select the "Control audio via OBS" option to bring audio in.
- 2.Resize the source as you see fit.
- 3.Configure OBS' Virtual Camera to use the Scene or Source as the Output Selection
- 4.Select “Start Virtual Camera” in OBS.
- 5.Open your 3rd party program and choose “OBS Virtual Camera” as the Video input.
OBS VirtualCam is fully compatible with VDO.Ninja and is useful for connecting MULTIPLE different OBS mixers together remotely, so you can take turn producing a show. You can also use it to turn your smartphone into a webcam. You can also share your “live show” with a small group of friends, perhaps those who are also in the show with you, so everyone has a real-time view of the show that is going on.
Sometimes you may need to stop/restart the OBS VirtualCam if it starts crashing your computer. If you see nothing but “GREY”, then you need to start it before using it. See “How to use”. If you see just black, its probably because you haven’t put anything into OBS yet.