The use cases of VDO.Ninja are many; they go far beyond the original scope of the project
- To allow your mobile device to be used as a wireless remote camera.
- To pull in other people's video and audio for podcasting/broadcast (guest appearances).
- For sharing high-quality and low-latency audio and video across the Internet and within LANs.
- Bring a friend's remote game stream into your OBS and do side-by-side gaming together.
- For VR chat applications.
- For high-quality audio streaming, including remote DJing.
- Wirelessly stream video from any pro camera using just a $10 Raspberry Pi and HDMI adapter.
- For sending any streaming-data peer-to-peer over the Internet in a few lines of code, including JSON.
- To allow you to publish to YouTube with your smartphone even though you don't yet have enough followers to broadcast to YouTube with the YT mobile yet.
- To watch movies with friends, via screen sharing, privately, and with low-enough latency to talk on the phone together while watching it.
- Use as a remote low-latency teleprompter feed.
- Recording remote or local video at high quality without needing any downloads.
- Remotely streaming MIDI device output, such as MIDI keyboards or production control boards.
- Recording remote participates during interviews directly to their own computer; perfect recordings.
- Applying green screens, digital face effects, and other advanced video filters to video streams.
- Real-time closed-captions and transcriptions.
- For whatever other reason you might come up with.