- VDO.Ninja is now natively supported by OBS on macOS. Update to v26.1.2 on macOS to access!
- Remote control local-media recording as been added to the Director's room as an option -- experimental, but a great way to record remote guests for post-processing. (Guest will need to upload the record file manually after the recording is stopped.)
&recordflag is available now, which lets a guest record their own video by providing a RECORD button to their control bar.
- The default recording bitrate is 6000-kbps /w 130-kbps OPUS audio, but it can be set by the director remotely or passed as a value to &record=NNN
- Setting the recording bitrate to 0 will enable Audio-only 32-bit PCM recording (webM container); negative values will record OPUS audio (no video).
- Supports Chrome, Firefox, Android, but not yet Safari.
- https://vdo.ninja/convert has been created to allow for quick conversion of WebM container formats to other formats, such as MP4 or WAV. Attempts to also support videos with variable resolutions.
- Transcription /w Closed Captioning overlay has been added, although experimental. Uses default system mic as a source and cannot be muted.
&trans; added to the publisher).
&closedcaptions(will display the incoming text).
- Won't work with Safari.
&fontsize=100can let you set font-size of the closed captions
- When creating a room, recommendations on room name selection and password usage is now offered.
- Audio network connection logic has been enhanced some more; addressing potential audio connection issues.
- Buttons when muted/disabled turn RED; versus just remain grey. Lots of related UI/UX fixes like this.
- If you leave &push blank, it will auto assign a relatively secure stream ID for you now, automatically.
&fontsize=100applies also to the
- Safari 14 on iOS will no longer ask for mic permissions if JUST viewing a webRTC stream.
- improvements made to the stats debug window (
CTRL + LeftClick). More readable, hints for stereo provided, etc.
- A guest of a room can no longer access the audio/video advanced settings, such as echo-cancellation. Only the Director can.
- iOS devices now support
&stereofor the purpose of high quality audio playback on iOS.
- The control bar can be dragged around on desktop. I prefer this over making videos smaller.
- Support for non-Latin characters are supported now with custom guest labels, text messages, and with CC/transcriptions.
- Made interface more accessible to the blind and those without a mouse. Tabbing around works with the main elements/buttons.
- The Director can now STOP audio/video publishing after they have started it; screen share also now available for Directors.
- Director can dynamically edit/add a label for a remote guest in the control room.
- Link obfuscation is available as a toggle now in the Director's room and create-reusable invite link page (invite.cam).
- Director's room has been stylized; invite and scene link options have been consolidated a bit.
&monoflag added. Lets a viewer force mono even if the
&stereoflag is set.
&cleanishflag is added; same as
&cleanoutput, except shows the playbutton.
- More short-code aliases for common URL Parameters have been created.
&order=Nis a new parameter; let's you sort/reorder videos in a scene based on their ordered priority. Also dynamically controllable by the Director.
- Gyroscopic, accelerometer, magnetometer data is accessible now. Enable with
&sensor=30(30hz). Results show up in the remote stats log or the remote IFRAME API. Useful for VR live streaming support, where you want to capture a smartphone's movement, as well as video.